Sunday, October 14, 2012

Blog post 7

The Newtworked Student

networking
Teachers are a great asset to have in networking programs stated in the Networked Student video. All teachers should be technologically literate so they can teach students their full potential. Technology is advancing everyday, so what use is a teacher to her students if she doesn't understand it? Networking can make learning exciting to students and teachers. Networking provides students with various resources to look up information. Students can come in contact with other students and teachers around the world who share similar interests as they do. Teachers are an important part of a students life. Students need to be encouraged and motivated in the process of learning. Teachers also educate students on proper etiquette skills when commenting on someone's blog. I'm ready to become a network teacher, but I'm not sure if this is appropriate for a Kindergarten class or First grade class.

A 7th graders PLE

In the video A 7th graders PLE I was very impressed how the student navigated and made up her own study activites, that she shared with her class. Her teacher has done an excellent job on showing her class how to use Symbalo. I hope to be able to utilize this system as well as the student does before I become a teacher.

2 comments:

  1. Carmen,
    I would like to say that I really like your blog. Your blog was well written. You properly sourced your picture and labeled each of your entries. I did notice that you spelled networked wrong. I also noticed a few grammatical errors. You did not put commas around "A 7th Grade PLE."I also noticed that you did not put a period in your first part of your post. I also saw that you missued a comma in your first PLE entry. Overall, I find your post to be written well, but short and with little personal opinions and discussion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...but I'm not sure if this is appropriate for a Kindergarten class or First grade class." Have you commented on any of Jenny She's posts by her first graders? And we will go to Canada and visit with Mrs. Cassidy's first graders soon. Then tell me what you think.

    A PLN is primarily a group of people, but also tools, that expand your sources of information, provide you with ideas, challenge your thinking, get you to explore new possibilities. The more people you have in your PLN, and the more diverse their backgrounds and interests, the more you will benefit.

    ReplyDelete