Sunday, November 4, 2012

Blog post 10

Adventures in Pencil


cartoon
I'm a Papermate, I'm a Ticonderoga is a cartoon about two items that are the same. The first is a Papermate which is cheaper, but it will not last long. The second is a Ticonderoga which is expensive,. but you'll get your monies worth. This cartoon reminds me of a conversation Dr. Strange and I had about Mac vs. Toshiba computers. The Mac computers cost more money than a regular laptop, but the Macs last a lot longer than a Toshiba!


Adventures in Pencil Integration

John Spencer's blog post Why Were Your Kids Playing Games is a great example of how teachers try to combine something interesting and educational together. There's always one person who can't really see the good in it because of "rules".It's easy for students to memorize and repeat the correct answers, but its even easier to forget it "Burp Back". I like Spencer's approach for getting his students ready to take the" Rote Memorization Test" When I become a teacher I plan to integrate subjects with interesting games and art work. This post was very insightful so I read two additonal post, The "Bad Teacher" it is the idea that teachers are lazy for opposing evaluations based upon test scores or asking for adequate benefits. "Charter schools are not more effective than public schools", Spencer says. The nations that are ahead of us in education treat their teachers as professionals. If teachers are treated with respect more often, they would care a lot more about their job. The second post is "The Real Reason we dont see Best Practice" View post here


Scott McLeod

About Scott McLeod

Scott McLeods "Don't teach your kids this stuff. Please?" blog post was interesting and humorous. At first, I didn't know if he was serious or being sarcastic about not letting students use technology, because of some negatives. I could not agree with him more on his post. His students/children will have a leg up on other students who do not use technology because of a few negative things.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Carmen,

    First off I would like to say good job on your post. You understood each of things you viewed for blog post #10, and gave a good point of view on each of the topics. I did notice a few errors throughout your post. One error was the mix up of moneys vs. monies. The word monies refers to when a bill is due, as moneys proposes a cost. The next error was punctuation; in some of your sentences you are missing a period.

    - I like Spencer's approach for getting his students ready to take the" Rote Memorization Test" When I become a teacher I plan to integrate subjects with interesting games and art work. This post was very insightful so I read two additional post, The "Bad Teacher" it is the idea that teachers are lazy for opposing evaluations based upon test scores or asking for adequate benefits.

    Third error is some of your sentences need more detail. Otherwise the sentences seem to be left unclear to the readers, as an example…

    - There's always one person who can't really see the good in it because of "rules".

    What rules exactly are you referring to, school rules or just rules in general?

    Last, you forgot to mention what exactly you found out about Dr. Scott McLeod. Those are some of the errors I picked up on, but other than that I liked your post.

    ReplyDelete