Saturday, December 1, 2012

Blog Post 13

Back to The Future

Mr. Crosby is a fourth, fifth, and sixth grade teacher in Sparks, Nevada. The video Back to the Future focuses on working together and active learning inside the classroom. 90 percent of Mr. Crosby students are second language learners, and are students of poverty. I was shocked that majority of his class was not aware of where they lived, what state or country they lived in, or what their address was. His classes had 1 to 1 laptops, interactive whiteboards, cameras, and their own blogs. This provides students the opportunities to think outside the box. I really enjoyed the part of the video with the little girl that has Leukemia. She looks happy to be included in the classroom setting via Skype. "Creativity builds Passion."


Technology in the Class
A Vision of Students Today

A Vision of Students Today was a quick but true video. This video shows the situations college students face each year. Tuition is expensive, students are lost in the crowd because class sizes are to large. Students spend hundreds of dollars on books that are rarely used. We use technology all day everyday. Cellphones and laptops are used for facebook, twitter, instagram, and other things. However, not as much for school work other than typing papers. I feel it could be beneficial if Universities would use technology as a requirement for classes, instead of using chalkboards and whiteboards.

I can relate to every student in the video. Half of the classes I have taken aren't going to help me in everyday life. I have had some teachers who are boring and some who talk about everything but the subject being taught. On the other hand, I've had teachers who make lessons interesting and fun, and some teachers that care about their students. Those are the teachers who know their students by name not by just a number. When I become a teacher, I plan to make lessons interesting and fun. The teacher who cares about all of her students achievements and future goals in life. I also plan to use technology in my class to keep students interested, and motivated to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment