Friday, August 24, 2012

Blog Assignment 1.

About Me!
My name is Carmen Young. I was born on August 20, 1992 in Mobile, Alabama. I am 20 years old. I graduated from Baker High School in May 2010, I graduated from Faulkner State Community College in July of 2012. I am Majoring in Elementary Education with emphasis in Special Education. Special Education is close to my heart because i know what it's like to have an impairment. I am visually impaired due to ocular albinism, with nystagmus. I am outgoing, respectful, humorous and bubbly. My hobbies include dancing, listening to music,shopping, spending time with my family and hanging out with my friends.
Randy Pausch
In Randy Pausch Time Management video i learned that Americans aren't good with time management, but are excellent with money. Its always good to have a to do list and a plan on what things to do first. He also said that "A lot of people focus on doing things right instead of doing the right thing." Experience comes with Time!!

1 comment:

  1. You did complete the first two parts of the assignment in one post successfully, but did not include very much information. For example: Why did you choose South for college? Are you a sophomore or junior? Also, remember to proofread and check for all grammar errors especially including punctuation.For example, you had a comma splice at the very beginning of your post. There should have been a period after May 2010.Remember to always capitalize your I's (there was a lowercase one in the first sentence under Randy Pausch). Also, you should have had two or more paragraphs about yourself. You only had one. We want to know more about you, so make sure you include more information! I felt that you were a little too brief on your explanation in the Randy Pausch assignment. I am not sure if I would have really understood what the video was about just by reading your paragraph. Also, consider taking the time to do the optional parts of the assignment. Teachers should strive to be life-long learners and want to take advantage of extra opportunities too learn. The fact that you want to work with Special Education because of your own experience with impairment is very inspirational. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors!

    ReplyDelete